Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Chat is available at the following times:
Vacation hours from Monday 5 July 2021.
- Monday to Friday: 11am-1pm
There will be no Library Chat on Saturdays after 10 July 2021.
What is Library chat?
You can use Newman Library Chat to contact us with any queries about the Library, or to get help and advice from our team of Library Service Advisors and Academic Service Librarians:
- We can help you make the best use of the Library, our services and facilities
- We can answer any questions you have about the Library
- We can give advice on searching for print books and accessing electronic resources
- We can suggest databases and information sources for your subject area
- We can advise you on how to use Newman Harvard Referencing to create references and in-text citations
- We can check an individual reference for you, but we're not able to check multiple references of the same type and we can’t do all your referencing for you!
If you need a bit more in-depth help, or you'd simply prefer to, you can also book an appointment with a Librarian.
Library Chat is only for Library-related enquiries. For other University enquiries, please use the general University contact details: https://www.newman.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/
Today's Library opening hours