Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access to the Library
There are accessible parking spaces in the Visitor Car Park, Staff Car Park and Student Car Park.
To use the Library you need to book a Click and Visit or a Click and Study appointment.
The Library is in the St Chad Building – entry is through the atrium, on the same level as the main University Reception Desk. We have 3 floors (Level 0, Level 1 and Level 2), which you can get to by lift or stairs.
During unstaffed hours you will need to use your swipe card to get in, but the doors will open automatically when you exit.
Facilities for library users with a disability
• Lift to all floors of the Library
• Accessible toilets on Levels 0, 1 and 2
• Height-adjustable desks on Levels 0, 1 and 2
• An assistive technology area on Level 2
Equipment for library users with a disability
• JAWS screen reading software, a ReadEasy scanner and a PC magnifier
• A hand held magnifier
• A portable hearing loop
• Different formats of documents or resources on request
• Coloured paper for photocopying or printing
• Coloured overlays
Services for library users with a disability
We offer a range of additional services and support for students, staff and visitors with disabilities. To arrange help before coming to the Library, or to contact us about any support you may need, please email us.
Academic Service Librarians
Academic Service Librarians offer the following support:
- Personal library inductions for your course
- Ongoing library study skills support and help with using library resources
Please email us to make an appointment.
Library Service Desk on Level 1
Get in touch with our Service Desk team by email. They can help you:
- Deal with scan requests of extracts or books
- Extend your library loans if you are eligible (this means that you will be able to borrow Standard loans for 4 weeks, and Week loans for 2 weeks)
- Set up your access to RNIB Bookshare if you are print-disabled (you will need to provide proof of your disability). This will allow you to access books online in a variety of formats including text-to-speech
- You can get books by nominating a helper who can borrow on your behalf using your ID card
Today's Library opening hours