Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an advanced online tool which will help you to manage your references. You can use it to:
- create reference lists and reference list entries in Newman Harvard, OSCOLA and APA styles
- store and organise the sources you use in your assignments
- read, take notes and manage your reading and sources
We recommend RefWorks to students at level 6 (3rd year undergraduates) and above who have a good understanding of our referencing style.
How do I get a RefWorks account?
The link above takes you to the RefWorks site where you can register.
To create an account:
- click on 'create account'
- type your Newman email address into the box and then click 'check'
- click on 'use sign in from my institution' and search for 'Newman University' in the drop-down dox
- login using your Newman network username and password when you are redirected
The next time you login, from the RefWorks home page you:
- click on 'use sign in from my institution' and search for 'Newman University’ in the drop-down box
- login using your Newman IT username and password when you are redirected